Don”t Forget These Things When Going To The Rifle Range!
The portable shooting bench is just about the most useful accessory for the avid shooter there is! Using a shooting bench at a rifle range is great, but there are so many different times that a stable shooting bench is needed.
At the local rifle range, most of the folks on the 600 yard range lay in the prone position. which is good for accuracy. It is much better, though, to be able to sit on a nice bench and sight in on the target at ease. Also, I have a friend with some farm land in the west; he does most of his shooting when there is no one around, and loves to be able to set up a portable shooting bench wherever he needs to.
It is good to be able to have one that you can just put in the bed of your truck for when you can really use it. Together with a good rifle rest or set of sand bags for your rifle, a portable shooting bench is useful for all sorts of things, like:
– Sighting in a scope for different ammo at a specific distance.
– Bring it drive to a vacant part of the farm or ranch and practice shooting.
– Put it on your back porch to shoot varmints.
– Teach kids to shoot before they are able to hold a rifle standing up.
– Bring it to your favorite hunting spot.
When you get your portable shooting bench ready to go, there are a few other things you want to make sure you bring to enjoy your time shooting. For example:
– Ammo and extra magazines.
– Basic toolkit with screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, and both metric and standard Allen wrenches.
– Rifle cleaning kit with clean, lube, and break-free.
– Targets, target stand, and staple gun.
– Spotting scope, binoculars, range finder.
– Appropriate clothes for the weather, insect repellent, and sunscreen.
Go to your shooting place with a good portable shooting bench, your rifles, a few friends, and have a great time!
categories: portable shooting bench,shooting rest,rifle rest,hunting