Army Leadership Values, Attributes and Traits
Army Leadership requires encouraging innovation as well as reinforcing warrior culture in every soldier. The army leadership policy aims at meeting the objectives of Global war On Terrorism (GWOT) as well as in Contemporary Operating Environment (COE). It besides aims at creating self awareness among leaders as well as the willingness to be adaptive. The following are major responsibilities of Army leadership;
The major responsibility of army leadership is to incorporate the army ethos in all soldiers. The army values and training as well as development are besides the primary objective of leadership.
Army mentorship programs are given online in order to encourage mentorship in the army. In this program, army mentors offer their perspective on what it takes to succeed in the army. The key target of this program is to pass the knowledge to mentee to enable him develop his self confidence, skill and potentiality.
Army leadership defines purpose, motivation as well as direction to the soldiers to achieve the mission. It moreover aims at providing necessary forces as well as capabilities to assist national security as well as defense strategy. Qualities of an army leader are as follows;
An army leader must be able to operate independently in dynamic and sensitive environment. He must have superior communication skill as well as must be able to cooperate as well as negotiate with various personnel and with government and non government agencies. He must be able to maintain tactical and technical competence. A good army leader must reinforce army values and national strategic objectives. Some other primary qualities required for army leadership are as follows:
- Loyalty; Loyalty to US constitution and Army unit is a must for an army leader.
- Duty; A great leader must be dutiful to do legal as well as moral obligation without the necessity to specify. He should be able to analyze what should be done.
- Respect; He must learn to respect others hence that they may moreover respect him.
- Selfless service; He must have the nature of providing selfless service to the nation and the army.
- Integrity; Professional army ethics must be strictly followed by a leader. He must be honest in addition to doing only the right things that are legal and moral.
- Personal courage; a magnificent leader is 1 who must be brave to face the toughest situations. He must be able to face danger as well as risks.
Army leadership includes motivating and influencing others to achieve the objectives. An army leader must be able to extend his influence beyond the direct lines of authority. He must be a role model for others. As he is viewed as an example, he must maintain standards as well as should provide effective behaviors.
An army leader must have wonderful communication skill. He must express his ideas in an superb way as well as must furthermore be ready to listen the words of others. He must hence utilise effective communication techniques to translate goals into real actions. He must be able to create a positive environment.
He must moreover encourage the soldiers in accomplishing organizational objectives. He must be ready to perform his responsibilities fully. He must be aware of his strengths as well as weaknesses. Awareness of self is crucial for a leader to fulfill his responsibilities fully.